Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Canterbury to Guines to Wisques to Bruay-la-Buissiere

Sorry for the lack of news. Buying a sim card in France is very difficult. Had to detour to St Omer this morning as it was the nearest big city that sells them. Finally have
communication!  My cell number is +33 674911517 so sms by all means.I will try to answer when i see them but phone is only on in the evening........after my shower
Oh technology! this link is so slow it's taken me over an hour to write this.
I am strong and having fun. Will try to find an internet cafe and will update each day. Keith will post pics of me leaving the cathedral and fixing my first puncture just 3 miles from Canterbury. I'm on schedule in Bruay tonight. Thanks again and please keep those donations rolling in. we have R10 000 donated and number of pledges for monthly donations. thank you all for your support of me but more importantly for FTH:K






5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are safely across the Channel and that you are on schedule. Keep it up!
    Maeve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maeve. Thank you again for your kindness and how well you looked after me. The start would have been somewhat difficult without your help

      Delete
  2. Was brilliant to meet you Elred, both times! An amazing co-incidence. I hope the road to Bruay was kind to you. I made it all the way back to Calais yesterday afternoon and got a ferry back to England last night! It was some ride. Enjoy your journey. I will keep track of it! Regards, George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello George. Yes what a surprise to see you on the road. In Baupaume now. Yesterday was such a great day to ride. Rode in torrential rain today but still enjoyed the day. Do keep in touch

      Delete
  3. wow elred, get to read all of it only now! that sure is a real challenge! Keep it up friend, we`re with you all the way!

    ReplyDelete